I love to work on things that are an expression of my faith and values.
I write and teach. I train and organize social-change groups such as different religious communities to get to know one another to break down stereotypes and promote peace together. I also build companies that are good for people and the planet.
Here’s an official bio:
Josh Daneshforooz is an author, entrepreneur, peacemaker and educator.
As founder of Onima (from the Latin word meaning “true self”) and a former teaching fellow at the Harvard Kennedy School, Josh has trained civil society activists, religious communities, nonprofit leaders as well as high-level government officials and business leaders around the world.
Josh is Managing Partner at Contour Real Estate, a boutique real estate investment and development firm based in Irvine, CA. He is also cofounder of Lango, a mobile application in the interpreting industry.
With a Muslim father and a Christian mother, Josh is author of Loving Our Religious Neighbors, a peacemaking curriculum used in social change campaigns between different religious communities.
He is also author of Abiding, a memoire about navigating his Christian faith growing up in a multi-religious family.
Josh holds a BA from Westmont College, where he received the Dave Dolan Leadership Award. He also holds a Master of Theological Studies from Harvard Divinity School, where he attended on a full-ride scholarship.
WHY I DO THIS
I believe on any given day we are either climbing higher or slipping lower. Natural laws don’t allow us to be perfectly stagnant. I’m discovering that maintaining this platform enables me and others to continue ascending toward the peak of human potential. Want to join us?
HOW I DO THIS
A few ways I keep climbing are through reading, dancing, asking questions, being a part of a faith community, experimenting, being still, journaling, being uncomfortable, teaching, connecting to nature and laughing. I share what I learn along the way and hope it’s useful for your journey.
WHAT I DO
I post new articles. I also send out a newsletter and share my learning via email. Sign up at the top right (bottom on mobile) to get updates in your inbox.
Here’s a list of things I’m passionate about to give you a sense of what I write and speak about.
- faith in God
- figuring out how to live my truest, highest life
- living life as an expression of the Spirit’s power
- learning how to live in flow and purpose
- cultivating a healthy thought life
- learning about and creating things that push humanity forward
- building businesses that solve social problems
- building teams
- creating financial freedom
- eating healthy
- being close to and learning from nature
- experimenting with and discovering Truth
- being still
A FEW LESSONS I KEEP COMING BACK TO
- life isn’t black and white
- be yourself
- dancing in front of the bathroom mirror to “Can’t Touch This” once per day is good for the soul
- freedom is the result of hard work and discipline
- improbable moments are the result of disciplined action that’s aligned with the principles of the universe
- The universe conspires to help you if you are yourself and you live a good life aligned with your values
- it’s really hard to be happy without self-love and community
- technology is your assistant not your master
WHERE TO STAY CONNECTED
- My Facebook Page
- My Instagram Page (joshdaneshforooz)
- Sign up for my newsletter at the top right (bottom on mobile)
HOW TO GET IN TOUCH
- Email me at email@example.com